Interview With A Special Dad

1

Interview with a special dad

Whenever I post something personal on Facebook or Instagram, 95% of it has to do with our kids. But of that remaining 5%, I rarely give kudos to my husband.

So in honor of Father’s Day, I’m putting the spotlight on him (he doesn’t like unsolicited attention).  

He is the anchor in our family (and the housecleaner too), keeping us all grounded. He works so hard at his company and when he comes home, he still has the energy to play with the kids and put our son to bed. The look in their eyes when they have their time together is just pure joy.

I sent him a few questions and his answers touched me so much I was crying reading them.

  1. What is the best thing about being a dad? When I come home from work, it doesn’t matter what kind of day I have had, it is all forgotten about when I see the excitement on my kids’ faces when I walk through the door.
  1. What is your favorite thing to do with your kids? I am not sure if I can pick just one thing. Anything that brings joy to them. Whether it is chasing them around in the backyard, swinging them by their arms, or just cuddling with them while reading them a book, any time spent with them is my favorite.
  1. What is the hardest part about being a dad? 1) worrying, 2) discipline, and 3) patience.
    • I always worry for their safety.
    • Whether it’s having a one-on-one talk about why they did something wrong or just trying to find the balance of letting them be kids while making sure they understand right from wrong. In the end, you just want to make sure that you instill enough discipline in them so that when they have to make a decision about something when I am not there, they make the right decision.
    • Last, patience can be a challenge. It is easy to forget that you are dealing with little humans that have only been on this earth for a limited time, so you have to have patience.
  1. What has been your most memorable moment with your kids? Other than the day they were born, I am not sure if there is just one moment. With my son, it was our first fishing trip. I remember my first fishing trip with my dad and grandfather, so it is very special to be continuing that tradition with my son and father. With my daughter, it has been the times when she has had a hard time sleeping so I just hold her on my chest and rock her until she falls asleep.
  1. What one thing do you want your kids to remember you for? Love. I want them to always remember the tremendous love I have for them. Whether it is coaching their sports teams, always being there for any event they are in, or trying to instill values in them so that they grow up to be respectful, successful adults; it is all out of love. The simple three words “I love you” are not just something I say to them all the time, but something I really mean every time I say it.

How would your husbands answer these questions?  I would love to hear what they have to say. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!

Interview With A Special Dad

Previous articleWhat Your Dad Has Taught Me
Next articleHappy Father’s Day!
I grew up in Huntington Beach and moved out to go to Cal Poly Pomona where I got my undergraduate degree in Marketing. After working for a few years, I got my MBA at Pepperdine University. I have over 15 years of experience in marketing and sales. My husband and I live in Yorba Linda, and we have a 6 year old boy and a 19 month old baby girl. I enjoy spending time with my family, working out with my mommy friends and date nights with my hubby (whenever we can make it work). I'm excited to be a contributor to the Anaheim Moms Blog and share my thoughts and experiences with other moms. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.