I am not the best at grilling, like let’s be honest I generally leave that up to the husband, BUT that doesn’t mean I can’t do it. In fact, after doing my research on grilling tips and tricks, I’ve found that I can even drop some knowledge on unsuspecting grillmasters!
So, with the help of Sustainable Malaysian Palm Oil – here are a few of my favorite grilling tips and tricks. AND of course, there is a fantastic giveaway – read to the end to find out what it is and how YOU can win!
Grilling Tips And Tricks
- Cook like a pro by using two skewers instead of one when grilling. You won’t need to worry about the meat spinning around the skewers, or worse, falling off when you’re flipping them.
- Sustainable Malaysian palm oil is great for grilling. Palm oil’s smoke point, the temperature at which it starts to burn and smoke, is in excess of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, much higher than other better-for-you oils. Olive oil begins to degrade at 380 degrees Fahrenheit, canola at 400 degrees, and coconut oil at 347 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a marinade made with oils and spices is a great grilling strategy. In addition to providing tremendous flavor, a marinade really cuts down on all the compounds that you don’t want from your barbecue. There’s solid research showing the protective effects of a good marinade. And it’s Keto friendly!
- Malaysian spice blend packet: It contains lemongrass, ginger, cilantro, garlic, and chili pepper. The Malaysian Spices handout goes into more detail about the spices. Remember, the focus is on the oil, not the spices.
- Fan the coals to help you get a good sear on the meat. Fanning feeds oxygen to the charcoal helping it burn hotter.
- Use your cast iron pan on the grill. Try making fish sprinkled with Malaysian spices. The secret is to get your pan hot, add certified sustainable palm oil (olive oil simply can’t take the heat), then add your seasoned fish.
G I V E A W A Y
I’m so excited about this giveaway! It’s a grilling box filled with everything you need for a fantastic grilling experience!
How to Win
- Like this Facebook post, tag a mama friend who needs to win!
- Watch this unboxing video and comment on which item you are the most excited to receive!
This box will contain a bottle of certified sustainable Malaysian palm oil, bamboo skewers, a Malaysian spice blend, a raffia fan, a grilling glove plus Malaysian recipes, and a spice guide.